Technical Representative/Sales Engineer
TeraXion is a fully Quebec-based SME that has been a player in the market for over 20 years. Our photonics components are sold all around the world and are designed and made right here in Québec City!
Want to work at a high-tech company? Relish the opportunity to deepen your understanding of optical and photonics products? Looking to work on a variety of projects with co-workers who are passionate about their trade? If so, TeraXion is right for you!
We are looking for someone who can support our sales team and represent the company with clients, expand our business, and establish strategies to increase market share.
At TeraXion, the role of a technical representative / sales engineer is to:
- Communicate regularly and maintain one-on-one relationships with our clients and partners;
- Identify business opportunities and convince the client to consider TeraXion for its current or future projects;
- Identify the client’s needs, issues, concerns and goals;
- Liaise between the client and TeraXion’s technical employees;
- Draft business development strategies;
- Analyze client requests and confirm technical feasibility, delivery lead times and manufacturing costs with the engineering and manufacturing operations teams;
- Prepare bids;
- Evaluate sales forecasts;
- Represent the company at promotional activities;
- DEC (college diploma) in physics technology, bachelor’s degree in engineering physics or equivalent;
- 3 years or more of experience in technical sales;
- Strong business development skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Bilingualism required (English and French);
- Knowledge of Mandarin (an asset);
- Willing to travel several times a year (after COVID‑19‑related restrictions have been lifted).
- Flexible work schedule;
- 3 days of personal leave;
- Between 2 and 4 weeks of vacation (based on experience);
- Group insurance (50% covered by employer);
- Retirement plan with employer contributions;
- Bonus program;
- Reimbursement of professional dues;
- Ongoing training;
- Free parking;
Interested? We’d love to see your CV!
TeraXion is an equal opportunity employer.