Senior Optical Engineer/Specialist
TeraXion is a 100% Quebec-based SME that has been well established in the market for over 20 years. Our photonic components are sold worldwide and are designed and manufactured right here in Quebec City!
Do you want to work in a high-tech company? Would you like to deepen your knowledge in optics and photonics? Would you like to carry out a multitude of projects with colleagues who are passionate about their work? This is exactly what TeraXion can offer you!
We need a collaborator to support the Fiber Optics Engineering team in optical design, experimental verification of the optical performance of prototypes and concepts, and the transfer of new products to production.
At our company, a Senior Optical Engineer/Specialist...
- Provides technical leadership in the product development process and project planning;
- Is the technical reference to ensure product compliance after transfer to production;
- Provides training to technicians and engineers in the development and transfer of products to production
- Designs, models and characterizes fiber optic components and systems;
- Supports the assembly, alignment of complex optical systems and develops test plans;
- Conducts and/or supervises optical and laser tests to meet technical requirements;
- Perform gap analysis between performance and technical requirements;
- Propose and implement innovative solutions to meet customer requirements;
Present regularly the progress of the work to the customers or to the development team.
- Master's degree in one of the following fields: engineering physics or electrical engineering;
- At least 10 years of experience in the field;
- Theoretical knowledge of fiber optics, lasers and high power fiber amplifiers and Bragg gratings;
- Practical laboratory experience, including:
- Assembly and characterization of fiber optic based experimental setups
- Use of optical test instrumentation and component characterization.
- Knowledge of Matlab software;
- Focus on teamwork and prioritization of tasks.
- Flexible schedule;
- Access to telecommuting;
- Group insurance and RRSP;
- Competitive total compensation;
- Continuous training;
- Stimulating and dynamic work environment!
Are you interested? Apply now! We look forward to receiving your resume!
TeraXion is an equal opportunity employer. The masculine gender is used for the sole purpose of lightening the text and refers to both men and women.