Laser Component Development Technologist
Working at TeraXion means joining a team of people who are passionate about their work. Our mission, to design and manufacture innovative photonic components, places us at the centre of technological developments of the future.
Do you want to work as part of a multidisciplinary team of seasoned professionals, all while honing your skills and contributing to a variety of technical projects? Then TeraXion is the place for you.
As a part of the high power development team, you will participate in the development of new products for the high-power fibre laser market.
You will take on the following professional challenges
- Providing technical support to the production team
- Developing the processes needed to mass-produce new products
- Working with members of the multidisciplinary team on product development and prototyping
- Running tests on various components and processes
- Participating in the creation of test plans, reports, project reviews and technical documentation
- Diploma of college studies (DCS) in engineering physics technology, electronics or robotics
- Three to five years of experience in optics/photonics or high-tech process automation
- Working knowledge of French required
- Experience in the following areas (an asset)
- Manufacturing process automation in a high-tech environment
- LabVIEW™ programming or programming robots
- Computer-aided design (CAD/SOLIDWORKS)
- Using optical characterization equipment: power meters, optical spectrum analyzers
- Lab experience and passion for practical lab work