TeraXion is a 100% Quebec-based SME that has been well established in the market for over 20 years. Our photonic components are sold worldwide and are designed and manufactured right here in Quebec City!
Do you want to work in a high-tech company? Would you like to deepen your knowledge in optics and photonics? Would you like to carry out a multitude of projects with colleagues who are passionate about their work? This is exactly what TeraXion can offer you!
We are looking for a collaborator to join our Lasers and Optics engineering team!
At our company, an Optical Engineer/Specialist...
- Designs optical and electro-optical systems and components;
- Performs simulations and calculations to support design choices;
- Develops test plans to validate performance;
- Performs and supervises tests and analyzes results;
- Presents progress to team and clients;
- Writes design and test reports and documentation for the client;
- Contributes to the development of silicon photonic chips
- University education in physics, engineering or other relevant field;
- 3 or more years of experience in the field of optics;
- Hands-on laboratory experience;
- Familiar with optical test instrumentation, laser characterization, optical system alignment, and RF signal measurement and characterization;
- Knowledge of silicon or integrated optics (asset) and fiber optic sensors;
- Good knowledge of Matlab and Zemax tools;
Good team spirit and excellent problem solving skills;
- Good oral and written French and English skills.
- Flexible hours;
- Access to telecommuting;
- Group insurance and RRSP;
- Competitive total compensation;
- Continuous training;
- Stimulating and dynamic work environment!
Are you interested? Apply now! We look forward to receiving your resume!
TeraXion is committed to employment equity. The masculine gender is used for the sole purpose of lightening the text and refers to both men and women.