TeraXion is a well established SME in the market for over 22 years. Our photonic components are sold worldwide and are designed and manufactured right here in Quebec City!
Do you want to work in a high-tech company? Would you like to deepen your knowledge in optics and photonics? Would you like to carry out a multitude of projects with colleagues who are passionate about their work? This is exactly what TeraXion can offer you!
We are looking for a collaborator to contribute to the work of the engineering team - Silicon Photonics in the design and testing of optical components for the optical sensing markets (LIDARs, optical gyroscopes and optical fiber sensing).
At our company, an Optical Engineer/Specialist...
- Designs optical and electro-optical systems and components ;
- Performs simulations and calculations to support design choices ;
- Develops test plans to validate performance ;
- Conducts and supervises testing and analyzes results ;
- Presents work progress to the team and clients ;
- Writes design and test reports and customer documentation ;
- Contributes to the development of silicon photonic chips.
- Academic background in physics, engineering or other relevant field ;
- 3 or more years of experience in the field of silicon photonics ;
- Experience in design and characterization of photonic components and integrated circuits ;
- Experience in photonic integrated circuit design and related tools (KLayout, Cadence or other) ;
- Good team spirit and excellent problem solving skills ;
- Good oral and written French skills.
- Flexible hours;
- Access to telecommuting;
- Group insurance and Pension Plan ;
- Shareholding participation upon hiring ;
- Competitive total compensation ;
- Continuous training ;
- Stimulating and dynamic work environment!